Every year, students across the US take the ACT test. This test is used by many colleges and universities as a benchmark for college readiness. Most of those students are high school juniors, but there are also some high school seniors taking the test as well. Garretson students tested last year continued the three year trend in which GHS students score above the state average on the ACT test.
- English 2017 – GHS average: 22.4; SD average: 20.7
- Mathematics 2017 – GHS average: 21.6; SD average: 21.5
- Reading 2017 – GHS average: 22.8; SD average: 22.3
- Science 2017 – GHS average: 22.6; SD average: 22.0
- Composite 2017 – GHS average: 22.5; SD average: 21.8
This marks the third year in a row in which GHS students outperformed the state averages on the ACT test. We are proud of the efforts of our staff and our students! We will continue to work hard at preparing our students for what lies beyond their high school years!